Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Seared Mediterranean Tuna Steaks




Yummy! Delicious! So easy! I think I sound like a broken record these days, but this recipe is another winner. Did I mention fast? And fabulous?

I didn’t have any tuna steaks, so I just used some salmon. And I grilled it instead of searing it on the stove, but that’s only because I love grilled food. And it doesn’t get the stove top all splattered. I grilled the salmon at 450 degrees for 4 minutes on each side. The rub with the salt, coriander and pepper makes a nice little glaze on top.


You can serve this with a side of refrigerated potato wedges, roasted according to package instructions. Or make your own oven potato fries:

Seared Mediterranean Tuna Steaks


4 (6-ounce) Yellowfin tuna steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Cooking spray
1 1/2 cups chopped seeded tomato
1/4 cup chopped green onions
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon capers, drained
1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
12 chopped pitted kalamata olives

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt, coriander, and pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
While fish cooks, combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, tomato, and remaining ingredients. Serve tomato mixture over fish.



Now I want some more. Lots more. 


Enjoy!

No comments: